Tel: +65 6239 9333
Tel: +65 6239 9333
Shawn is an associate in One Legal LLC's Intellectual Property Practice, and handles a wide range of intellectual property matters, including intellectual property rights protection, enforcement of intellectual property rights, trade mark opposition and invalidation, trade mark registration, design protection, rights clearance, trade mark auditing and copyright enforcement. He also advises clients on trade mark strategy and has prior experience in drafting agreements relating to the assignment of intellectual property.
Apart from intellectual property matters, Shawn also assists clients to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act, and various other general corporate work. Shawn also has prior experience in litigation practice and had assisted in matters including a complex family dispute concerning the division of assets, maintenance and bankruptcy, a High Court proceeding relating to the conflict of laws, and a Court of Appeal matter relating to the drawing of adverse inferences in matrimonial proceedings. His experience in corporate practice also includes the advising of a Taiwan-based finance leasing company as lender in a US$20m new building ship financing facility.
Further, Shawn volunteers as a pro-bono lawyer at the Family Court Legal Clinic organized by the Law Society.
Professional Qualifications, Appointments & Memberships
- LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Chapter on Singapore in the 2nd Edition of the European Lawyer - Trade Mark Litigation 2nd Edition (co-author)
- Articles in World Trade Mark Review:
- Sarika Connoisseur Café v Ferrero  SGCA 56 (Court of Appeal)
- Staywell Hospitality Group Pty Ltd v Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc  1 SLR 489 (High Court)
- Staywell Hospitality Group Pty Ltd v Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc  SGCA 65 (Court of Appeal)
- Hai Tong Co (Pte) Ltd v Ventree Singapore Pte Ltd  2 SLR 941 (Court of Appeal)